Monday, October 13, 2008

Rise and shine (or at least pretend)


Confession: I just joined a fitness bootcamp. With 20 lbs to lose after having my second baby, and the holidays looming ahead, it seemed necessary. The exercise is hard enough, but since my darling, sweet baby still is not sleeping through the night after 8 months, getting up at 5 is torture. Frankly, my beauty routine is less about looking fabulous and more about not looking like an extra in Dawn of the Dead.

I rely on Face Stockholm's Magic Wand to banish my under-eye circles. But check out what could be my new secret weapon: Laura Mercier's Eye Basics. They're sheer primers with a little color to brighten up your eyes. You can use as is or intensify the color with shadow. I'm all excited about Eyebright (shown), a pale blue shade that melts into your skin and makes your eyes brighter by comparison. 

I may be doing pushups, but I'll be pretty doin' it!